Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21, Day 11

I woke up today and immediately realized that my career prospects as a Hooters Girl will be over Friday. Then remembered the joke, "If girls with big boobs work at Hooters, where do girls with one leg work? IHOP."

Sick humor aside, I'm still processing that I will have a mastectomy in just three days. And it comes exactly two weeks after I received my diagnosis. It's been a whirlwind two weeks of appointments, tests, consultations. I'm also trying to come to the realization that in four weeks I'll begin 20 weeks of a brutal round of chemo, followed by radiation and then reconstruction to "look normal". Last night I spent some time looking through the various pamphlets of literature I was given by the nurse coordinator and social worker, and I completed the healthcare Power of Attorney and Living Will paperwork. While 98% of the stuff I did read I already knew, there were a few points I had not considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment