Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Return to work

Monday, June 8

Today was my first day back since having a left mastectomy on May 24. It was weird; as if nothing had changed and everything changed. My co-workers are the best and have been super supportive so far. I walked around the corner to find two signs on the door of our suite of offices that read "Welcome Back Sarah" and "We missed you!", and two more signs on the door of my office that said, "Welcome Sarah" and "Michael Missed You!" (Michael Phelps = I'm a huge fan and have his Kellogg's poster above my desk at work!). They brought donuts and it was great to sit in the middle of the suite and catch up after being gone for six weeks. Took me a while to get signed onto my computer and had to reset some of my passwords that had expired in that time, but I finally got going enough that I think today wasn't a total waste. Ha!

I start chemo on Thursday, July 11 at 11:00a.m. Not sure what to expect, so that has me nervous, but I'm sure I'll do fine. I think the hardest part of this whole process is not being able to make plans. I want to do so much, but have no idea what the future holds; I can't very well make plans, as I don't know if I'll feel well, be sick, be ok, etc. It sux. Day by day, no future plans being made at this time.

My new friend Judy has second round of surgery tomorrow to have more lymph nodes removed. I pray she does well and feels decent when it's over. Her armpit is going to be sore again, and that sux as she was just beginning to feel better. She's strong and will get through it and we are going to support each other. I like to think of her as my second mom! :) Her sons graduated a couple years before me and a couple years after me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment