Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Road Trip - Day 1

Woke up in the morning feeling like (sory....did you expect a Ke$ha song!?) I needed to get out of town. I left town about 10:15 headed to Michigan. Sunday evening's plan was to drive East on I-74 and go up through Indiana and Michigan, through New Buffalo, Warren Dunes, Grand Haven, and all my other favorite towns on the east side of Lake Michigan. At 7am however, change of plans! I was going to travel through Illinios and Wisconsin to get to the Upper Penninsula to visit a friend. So, off I went.

Another last minute change of plans was to swing over to Zion, Illinois and visit (briefly) with my brother, Colin, at Kiefer and Associates (where they sell everything but the water!) and do some shopping. He was surprised when I called him from the parking lot and asked him, "So, where are you in this building that I'm looking at?"

Second plan was to stop in Green Bay, WI overnight and then continue north on Tuesday morning. However, I hit Green Bay relatively early and felt great - so I kept going...and going....and going and ended up in Marquette, Michigan at 10:30 local time; still feeling great, which is probably why I didn't get to bed until about 1:30 am! (Hey - that's still only 12:30 Central Time!)

Overall the trip was uneventful and it was very easy getting here; I will definately return and take this route. I did however, have to go over three bridges/elevated highways that really freaked me out. I totally believe I had 'panic attacks' as I went over them. Luckily I maintained my cool long enough not to crash my car!

Along the way, I found Waldo!













and this sign had me completely perplexed....undies? How do you know if they don't have on undies!?


No comments:

Post a Comment