Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Road Trip - Day 2

Today's itinerary:
Breakfast with my friend at Big Boy's
Marquette Maritime Museum
Pictured Rocks National Shoreline - boat tour


The Marquette Maritime Museum was so much fun. I must admit, I wasn't 'thrilled' to go see it, but I thought, what the heck - I'm here and I may as well. I'm so glad that my friend recommended that I go to it - it was well worth it! They have old lights from a few lighthouses, information on the Edmund Fitzgerald as well as other shipwrecks and so much more information. I would recommend visiting if your in the area.

After leaving the museum, I drove 40 miles east to Munising, MI to the Pictured Rocks National Shoreline and signed up for the 1pm boat tour. It was amazing. Sitting on the deck of the boat, I got some great pictures and a small sunburn as my sunscreen let me down. Oh well - it was worth it!

After the boat tour, I grabbed a blizzard from Dairy Queen to get cooled down and a pasty. For those who haven't had a pasty, it's a puff pastry with either meat & potato or veggie stuffing, or they also have them with fruit filling (think of a dessert). I chose a Chicken Pasty and it was good; I wasn't a fan of the seasoning, but the chicken, potatoes, carrots and onion were good and the outside was a flakey pastry that was to die for!

Here are just a few of the many pictures I took today:

Stanard Light, on display at the Maritime Museum




















Superior Dome, Marquette, MI
















Pictured Rocks National Shoreline

This cave-in of rock happened in the last 24 hours! You can see where the rock broke away from the wall if you look closely at the edges.
















Indian Head (Do you see it?)















Bridal Veil falls; a trickle now, but it gushes in the spring after the spring rains!

No comments:

Post a Comment