Thursday, August 12, 2010

Road Trip - Day 3

Today's Itinerary:

Breakfast with my friend
Drive East through the Upper Penninsula = Lots of driving!
Stops - TBD along the way

Left Marquette about 10am. Drove east toward Munising (yes, again!) passing through Christmas (yes, again!) and decided to skip Pictured Rock National Lakeshore park. The weather was overcast and gloomy and I didn't think I would get the best pictures and I didn't want to take the time since I got some awesome pictures yesterday on the boat tour.

Driving through the Upper Penninsula of Michigan is basically the same scenery. Mostly a two-lane highway with a lot of trees on either side. I'm not complaining, the roads are in good condition and the drive was very pleasant. As I got closer to THE bridge (Mackinaw Bridge that is!), I stopped in a small town at a roadside Pasty shop and tried another; this time it had beef and the seasoning was just right - it was amazing! I'm sad that I didn't make note of the name of the shop and they didn't provide their name on a business card and/or stamp on their bag so I could post where I got this delicious pasty.

View of Mackinaw Bridge from a lookout point in the UP













Getting ready to cross the bridge; the nerves really started here....













Clock in Petosky, MI


















Close up of the Mackinaw bridge from the same lookout point in the U.P. It was really hazy this day.














Driving east in the U.P.










No comments:

Post a Comment